Chinese Electric Car Companies : China has the largest production of electric vehicles in the entire world. China accounts 57.4% of global production of electric vehicles. Reason behind this is that over the last 20 years, electric vehicles have made a strong comeback in the public’s consciousness. Many peoples are now choosing to go with EV’s instead of gas and diesel fuelled motors.
Through this article we are sharing some of the best and top Chinese Electric Car Companies which are exporting their EV’s in all over the world. These are the brands which are trusted by buyers and have largest EV sells in world market.
But as a outsider of china most of us don’t know about this Chinese Electric Car Companies. So I hope that this article will be useful for you to know more on this topic.
Best Chinese Electric Car Companies
Here is the quick list of top 5 best Chinese electric companies, which has most sells in Ev market of world.
- BYD Auto
- Nio Inc
- BAIC Motor
- Li Auto
Moving forward, here we are giving an overview of each of these EV companies and some of the famous ev models produced by them.
Founder: Wang Chuanfu
Founded Year: 2003
Headquarters: Shenzen, China
BYD (Build Your Dreams) Auto is the part of Chinese automobile manufacturer, BYD Company Limited. BYD is among the first EV companies of chinese EV market and it has a strong presence in china as well as world EV market.
BYD specializes in producing electric cars, plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), and conventional fuel vehicles. But apart from this it also produces, products like rechargeable batteries, mobile phones, and LED lighting.
Till now BYD auto has received many awards for its electric vehicles, including the World Electric Vehicle Association’s “Electric Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year” award in 2018.
Popular EV Models of BYD Auto
- BYD Tang EV: This is a mid-size 7 Seater SUV model. Range: upto 300 miles (483 km).
- BYD Han EV: This is a luxury sedan model. Range: upto 373 miles (600 km).
- BYD e6: This is a compact crossover model. Range: upto 400 km (249 miles).
- BYD Qin EV: This is a compact sedan. Range: upto 221 miles (355 km) on a single charge.
Founded Year: 2002
Headquarters: Shanghai, China
SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW) is a joint project of SAIC motor, general motors and Liuzhou Wuling Motors Co Ltd. This is a Chinese company, having its headquarters in Shanghai. The company is primarily involved in the production of vehicles and electric vehicles.
At current time, SAIC-GM-Wuling is among the leading ev manufacturers in China, and it aims to continue expanding its lineup of affordable and reliable electric vehicles in the upcoming years. SIAC comes in some of the best Chinese Electric Car Companies.
Popular EV Models of SAIC-GM-Wuling
- Baojun E100: Baojun E100 is a small sized EV. Has Range: upto 155 km (96 miles). Top speed: 100 km/h (62 mph).
- Baojun E200: Baojun E200 is slightly larger electric vehicle. Range: 270 km (168 miles). Top speed: 100 km/h (62 mph).
- Baojun E300: Baojun E300 is a compact electric car. Range: 270 km (168 miles). Top speed: 100 km/h (62 mph).
- Wuling Hong Guang Mini: This is a compact, small sized EV in china. This car is very popularin chinese ev market. It was launched in 2020. Range: up to 170 km (105 miles).
Read> Best Electric SUV
Founder: William Li, Hsien Tong Cheng, Lihong Qin
Founded Year: November 2014
Headquarters: Shanghai, China
NIO is a leadind chinese auto company. The company has headquarter in Shanghai(china) and also has offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and Hong Kong.
NIO produces a range of high end EV’s. The popular EV’s of NIO includes ES6, ES8, EC6, and ET7. NIO has raised funding from top companies, like Tencent, Sequoia Capital, and Hillhouse Capital. The company had went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2018 and has a market capitalization of over $80 billion as of early 2023.
Popular EV Models of NIO
- ES6: This is a mid-sized electric SUV. Range: upto 580 km (360 miles). Motor capacity: 160 kW, delivers 215 horsepower and 317 lb-ft of torque.
- ES8: The ES8 is a 7 seater larger electric SUV. Range: up to 580 km (360 miles). Motor Capacity: 240 kW, delivers 322 horsepower and 425 lb-ft of torque.
- EC6: The EC6 is an electric SUV Model. Range: upto 615 km (382 miles) Motor Capacity: 160 kW, delivers 215 horsepower and 317 lb-ft of torque.
- ET7: ET7 is another luxury electric sedan, which was launched in 2021. Battery: 150 kWh. Range: upto 1,000 km (621 miles).
Owner: Beijing Municipal Government
Founded Year: 1958
Headquarters: Beijing, China
BIAC is a State owned auto comapny of china. As per a report of 2021 It is the sixth largest automobile manufacturer in China, with 1.723 million sales in 2021. BIAC stands for Beijing Automotive Industry Holding Co. Ltd.
The company sells its products under the Beijing Brand and Beijing Benz brand. BIAC produces a range of vehicles including EV’s(Electric vehicles).
Apart from EV’s It also manufactures engines, powertrain, and other core parts and components for passenger vehicles.
Popular EV Models of BAIC
- EU-Series: It is a compact electric car model. offers a Range: upto 271 km (168 miles). Battery: 35.8 kWh. Motor: 30 kW.
- EX-Series: It is a mid-sized electric SUV. Range: up to 415 km (258 miles). Battrey: 53.6 kWh. Motor: 140 kW.
- EC-Series: It is a mini electric van, Specially designed for driving in urban areas. Range: up to 301 km (187 miles). Battery: 41.1 kWh. Motor: 60 kW electric motor.
- BJ40 Plus: It is an electric SUV that is based on BAIC Motor’s gasoline-powered BJ40 model. Range: up to 401 km (249 miles). Battery: 53.6 kWh battery pack. Motor: 140 kW electric motor.
- EU7: It is a mid-sized electric sedan. Range: up to 600 km (372 miles). Battery: 70.8 kWh. Motor: 160 kW electric motor.
Read> Best electric cars for lease in USA
Owner: Li Xiang
Founded Year: 2015
Headquarters: Beijing, china
Li Auto is another Chinese EV company. This company was founded back in 2015 by an chineses enterprenure LI Xiang.
The company has headquareter in Beijing and also has offices in Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Changzhou.
Popular EV Models of LI Auto
Li Auto currently has 3 Electric models in market.
- Li ONE: This is the model designed to provide drivers with a longer driving range. It features a gasoline generator that can charge the battery when it runs low, extending the vehicle’s range. The Li ONE has a range of up to 800 km (497 miles) on a single charge and can accelerate from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 6.5 seconds.
- Li Xiang One: The Li Xiang One is a luxury electric SUV that features a spacious interior and advanced technology. It has a range of up to 706 km (439 miles) on a single charge and can accelerate from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 4.9 seconds. The Li Xiang One also features advanced safety features such as automatic emergency braking and adaptive cruise control.
- Li ONE EREV: The Li ONE EREV is an electric vehicle with an extended-range that can travel up to 740 km (460 miles) on a single charge. It features a gasoline generator that can charge the battery when it runs low, extending the vehicle’s range. The Li ONE EREV can accelerate from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 6.5 seconds and features advanced safety features such as automatic emergency braking and lane departure warning.
We hope that this list of Chinese Electric Car Companies will be useful for you while choosing best EV. Thanks for visiting our site.
Mohit is an electrical engineer who loves to gather information about electrical vehicles and EV-related technologies. Mohit has also worked for companies such as Ford and TATA Motors for two and half years. Through this blog, he shares all the important information related to electric vehicles and the new upcoming technologies in the field of EVs. INSTA